Wednesday, May 21, 2014

a few more weeks

the boy and the belly

Only five (-ish) weeks to go and Micha's (and our) world will be changed for good. 
Instead of being an only child, he'll be the oldest child. 
Instead of having me available all day, every day, 
he'll have to share me with his little brother, and learn to wait for his turn.

How grown up he will seem once his baby brother arrives. 
Even though I know he'll love being a big brother, 
and even though I realize what a good thing it will be for him to learn to share 'his' papa and mama,
these last few weeks will be filled with extra cuddles and probably a bitter sweet tear or two.

Because on that day, when our family of three becomes a family of four,
I will have two sweet bodies to cuddle instead of one, and I absolutely can't wait for that.
But I also find myself wanting to savor these last few weeks with the little boy that made me a mama.
He made me a mama, and that is something I'll never forget!

Just me and him, for a few more weeks.

Love, Maria







2 comments:

  1. A big kiss for the boy and the belly!
    Smak!!!!!
    from omaMarijke

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww - totally remember that feeling. I am sure the crazy hormones don't help with those emotions either ;) Love all of you!!

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!