Thursday, May 23, 2013

D.I.Y. Arrow Onesie


Arrow prints have been all the rage lately and I just love it!

I especially love the print on onesies and t-shirts sold at Etsy stores like this one, or this one, or this one.

But with all the expensive shipping fees attached to overseas orders I thought I'd try my hand at D.I.Y.-ing an arrow onesie. 


Note: I bet for you folks in the US it might be cheaper to go the Etsy route. 
And you'd be supporting a small business too!



^ ^ ^ ^


To make your own, all you need is:

- a white onesie (or any other light color, ooh, mint!)
- a fabric marker(I used black, but you can use any color you want, or a mix, fun!)
- a large book to stretch the fabric tight enough to draw on 
and to avoid the marker seeping through to the back
- a cute baby to model your D.I.Y onesie (optional)




I think the model approves!





I must say, I like the result. 
I think I might need to make some more. :)




Hope you enjoyed it, let me know if you give it a try, I'd love to see it!



Love, Maria






9 comments:

  1. Cute! Looking at the etsy ones, some of them look like they've been stamped - you could try that too - cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, thanks for the DIY inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all!
    It was a fun little DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute!! and you have quite the cute model too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love arrows! Such a cute idea... and I love your rug by the way : ) I recently got a black and white rug but it has arrowheads on it. lol. Glad to have found your blog from casey leigh's.

    -Ashley
    http://pencilleddaydream.com

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!