Thursday, May 22, 2014

a song, a book, a quote, a look - # 3

It's been a while since I've done of these, November to be exact. 
So let's get to business with my May picks, shall we?

s,b,q,l


song - I just love this Ben Howard song, it reminds me of long summer days and freedom.

book - I know, I'm a bit late to the game with this book, but it's so good. 
On the plane one of the movies available to watch was 'The Book Thief', 
but I never watch a movie before I read the book, it feels like cheating to me. 
So when I saw a copy of the book on the shelf at my friends house I stole it 
( just kidding, I borrowed it, I'm not a book thief) 
and it's been one of the best reads I've had in a long time.

quote - This quote is from another book I had been wanting to read for a long time 
and recently I finally had the chance too.
 'A year of biblical womanhood' is one of those books that is really fun to read 
but also makes you think and rethink things you thought you knew. 

look - A little background as to why I picked this look. 
As you know I recently visited my sister in Canada, but we also visited my best friend, Lydia. 
I would definitely say that Lydia and I are soul mates or at least 'twin-sisters from another mother'. 
It's almost scary how similar our lives are, from our decorating style to our similar husbands, 
and from the shows we watch to our fashion picks. 
One morning when we were visiting at her house we both came downstairs wearing the exact same outfit: jeans, a blue striped shirt and a leather jacket, with flats. 
We weren't even surprised, it's happened before. 
So when I came back from Canada and resumed to normal life, 
including browsing Pinterest once in a while, 
and came across this outfit, I knew had to pin it. 
I just really love this look, and the story behind why I pinned it.

Love, Maria









1 comment:

  1. love it!!! we are twins :) xo miss you dear friend - hope you are enjoying your read!

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!