Tuesday, January 15, 2013

24 weeks

My Micha-boy, 

Who gave you permission to grow up? Twenty-four weeks old, only two more and you'll be half way to your first birthday! With every day that's passing you're growing more into a boy and becoming less baby. 
I love it but I hate it!



I love that you're able to play with your papa and me. You love playing peek-a-boo, you laugh hysterically when papa changes into 'the sniffing monster' and you get so happy when I grab a book to read or sing you a song. You love 'Twinkle, twinkle, little star'.

You're learning to sit up and are able to manage it for quite a while before toppling over, which you hate. 

You're a pro at rolling over on your back whenever I put you on your tummy, but you haven't rolled from your back to your tummy yet. I see you trying sometimes, but you just can't quite get the hang of it, you will eventually, don't you worry! 

You've been going to sleep like a champ lately, I can put you down awake for your nap or bedtime and you fall asleep by yourself. For this mama who used to have to rock you to sleep in her arms it's been such a gift! We're still LOVING the Puckababy sleepingbag, and I'm already getting nervous for the moment we'll have to let you sleep without it.

We're still cloth diapering you, and I absolutely LOVE it! It's so easy, and it's been a big life saver for my wallet!

And yes, there have been some challenges and not-so-fun things too. This week you've been a little bit grumpy during the day, even if you've a good nap. And while you've been so good at going to sleep, you still wake up twice to nurse between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m., once at 9.30 p.m. and once at around 2 a.m. I know, it's quite normal, but I'd like it if you'd sleep through the night. I guess that will happen eventually, and secretly I kind of like our nightly get together, just you and me.

And then there's the whole 'putting-on-your-clothes-debacle' every morning. You absolutely hate it when I pull a shirt over your head. No amount of singing or animal noises will distract you, and the same goes for putting on your coat, you'll scream and yell like I'm torturing you! It's almost funny.... 
You can't stay naked you know, you'll freeze your tiny tushy off!

But, Micha, you are the light of our life. We thank God everyday for the miracle of you! 
Sometimes it's like I have a helicopter view of you and me and papa, and I'm looking at the three of us, and my heart just stops. And I think: 'You're here, and you're our baby, ours to love and to protect!' 

You are so loved!

Love, Mama

1 comment:

  1. I love this post Maria. Can't believe the munchkin is 24 weeks already! you guys are so blessed and Micha is so blessed to have such awesome parents! :)

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!