Thursday, February 28, 2013

A walk through town

The other day I was getting a bit restless at home so I dressed Micha and myself nice and warm and headed out for a walk into town.


^ ^ ^ ^

While we were strolling through the quiet streets I looked around me and started noticing how beautiful my little town actually is. 







I know that it is pretty special because whenever we have visitors over, especially from abroad, they ooh and aah over the cobblestone streets, the boats in the canal and the old city wall. 


But somehow, over time,  I've stopped noticing it.

my trusty companion



'de Librije'  my towns very own 3 Michelin star awarded restaurant





I guess that just happens when you've lived somewhere for a while. 
You just live your day-to-day life and bike around town and take the pretty sights for granted.




But once in a while, if you're lucky, you'll stop in your busy tracks and really look and see all the beauty that surrounds you.




I think my town is pretty awesome!


Love, Maria


4 comments:

  1. ah I would LOVE your town!! Looks so quaint. And Im meant to live by the water! I get what you mean about forgetting to notice the beauty though. Whenever we have visitors they always remark about our amazing mountain view, and I honestly can go days without even noticing. Kinda sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it...looks like painted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. miss walking those beautiful streets with you!! Micha looks like the happiest baby ever! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, Zwolle forsure is beautiful! And this spring you can enjoy it on the bike, with Micha in his seat! I am sure he will love that!

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!