Thursday, March 21, 2013

five things.

I've seen this '5 things' post all over blogland and on Instagram, and I thought I'd join the fun too.

update: You're actually supposed be tagged to play along, and I wasn't, bad little rule breaker, me! But I just got tagged by Noni, so I'm all legit now :) Thanks Noni!



1 ~ I speak four languages, two of them fluently, Dutch and English, but I can also make myself clear and understand what others are saying in German and French. That's one benefit of going to high school in Holland, and growing up in English speaking countries. 
I would love to raise Micha bilingual, 
I really want him to be able to interact in English with my family and friends in Canada. 
I'm already singing English songs and reading English books to him, hopefully that will help a bit.

^ ^ ^ ^

2 ~ I'm one of seven kids. I have three older brothers, two older sisters and a younger sister. I loved growing up in such a big family, and am already feeling a bit sorry for Micha that he probably won't have many siblings (because of our infertility issues).

^ ^ ^ ^

3 ~ My best friend, Lydia,  lives in Canada and I miss her every day. We met in first grade and have been best friends ever since. We don't see or call each other much, but every single time that we see each other again it's as if we've never missed each other! She's a mama of two adorable boys and I can't wait for that day when our boys will be able to play together, maybe next year?

^ ^ ^ ^

4 ~ My husband is my better half and my very best friend. There is nobody I would rather spend time with than with him. He loves me so much and I love him more than anything! I'm am so grateful that God put us on each others paths at such a young age. 

Fun fact about us: Both our dads are pastors, and they both did a part of our wedding ceremony. 

^ ^ ^ ^

5 ~ I love to read everything and anything with words and I'm a really fast reader.
Remember Dan Browns 'the da vinci code'? I read that in one day. It's the truth.
I just love to lose myself in a good story and just put everything on hold to read. But since Micha was born I haven't read much at all, I should really start reading again!


Love, Maria



I tag Darlene, Erin, Lydia and Abby , and whoever else that wants to play along!

9 comments:

  1. Thats so fun! I tagged you a few seconds ago!Must be thought transmission!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, that's too funny! I actually wasn't even tagged, but now I am! Thanks friend!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww....love this list. You are such a sweet, special person - I mean seriously who can speak all those languages?! :) miss you every day too bestie, cannot wait for our boys to hang out...one day soon! hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be a great day, hey? :)

      xo

      Delete
  4. FUn I'll definitely play along :) I'm a ridiculously fast reader also! I used to lie in high school about how fast I read books (as in I would try to pretend like I hadn't read half a book during 30 min. reading time) because people always thought I was just pretending. And I come from a big family (five, technically 6, long story) AND one of my very best friends (friends since kindergarten, I moved away in 5th grade) lives in Sweden! We skype a lot and try to visit once a year which doesn't always happen, but it's a special kind of connection! Sounds like we have a lot in common :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! I can't wait to read you '5 things!'

      Delete
  5. how cool that you speak four languages! and love the one about your husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's a keeper! :)
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!