Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Color Run





Three weeks ago I posted this photo on Instagram:

It's a photo of my first day of training for a 5k Color Run which I ran last Sunday. 

^ ^ ^ ^

I hadn't worked out since pregnant with Micha, 
and I had left myself only three weeks to train my lazy bum for a 5k. 
Eek! I was scared!

But I trained, every other morning I made myself head out the door with Micha in the stroller and run. 
Every day I ran a little farther and a little faster.

And on Sunday I put all my hard work into practice, it was such an awesome experience.

I loved participating in The Color Run because while it was a 5k, it was a fun run too. 
The pressure to run within a certain time was off. 
But my friend and I did time our run and we finished in 35 minutes, 
and that includes the all 'traffic jams' at the Color Zones. 
Pretty okay, I think!

^ ^ ^ ^

I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking:

before the run
'we made it!'
after the massive 'Color Toss'



The whole 'Color Run' experience was just so much fun, I can't wait to participate again next year!


Have you ever done a 'Color Run'? 
If not, do it!


Love , Maria



3 comments:

  1. Ha, Maria! You and your friend Marloes sure looked colourful at the end of the colourrun!
    Did Micha see you in this state? Was it a kind of a sponsorrun? It is good to work out again, good for your health and just a good feeling, and for the condition, but you still look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw good job mamma! 35 minutes is impressive I think! That's my goal time, without the craziness that I'm sure was at all the color stops, so yay you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun!! i really want to do that some day!

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!