Friday, August 30, 2013

tabouleh




Today I want to share one of my very favorite recipes for dinner. 
It's seriously the easiest recipe known to mankind, well, at least to me.
It's a go-to recipe for picnics and birthdays. It's definitely a crowd-pleaser.
I love to bring it to new moms, because it's healthy and tasty and easy for them to grab a bowlful whenever they feel hungry.
It's good by itself for lunch or as dinner with some flat-bread and chicken wings.
I love to make it and I love to eat it!

^ ^ ^ ^

So here goes my own recipe for 'Tabouleh' or 'Couscous Salad' as I usually call it.

2 cups or 300 gr couscous
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, seeded and diced
1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
1 small bunch of mint, finely chopped (leave some pretty leaves for garnishing)
1 small red onion, finely chopped
handful of raisins
salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1 1/3 or 300 ml water
1 cup crumbled feta cheese


  

Mix everything together, except the feta cheese, in a large bowl 
(you'll want a big one as the couscous swells and grows in volume), 
cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour. 
Mix the crumbled feta through the salad and sprinkle some on top with some extra mint leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.



Bam. Dinner's ready. Enjoy!
So easy. So good.

^ ^ ^ ^

Happy Friday! Are you stoked for the weekend? I am! 
We're going to visit my parents who are in back Holland currently. Yay!

Love, Maria





1 comment:

  1. Yes, looks yummy. I might make something like that for our church picnic on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!