Thursday, March 6, 2014

brothers


Every once in a while, Micha will put down whatever he's playing with, walk up to me and place his hand or his head on my belly. 
Sometimes he just wants a cuddle from me, 
other times he looks up with a grin and says 'dikke buik' ('big belly' in Dutch, uh, thanks buddy), 
but lately he also pats my belly, cocks his head to one side and, with a sweet voice and a smile, says 'baby'. And I just melt into puddle. 
It's not just that he knows that there's a baby in my belly, 
but that he really seems to like the idea of that baby.

//

I know that once his little brother arrives things won't necessarily go smoothly, 
I'm actually certain that Micha will act out in some way, 
and I've heard the stories of others mama's who have had a hard time dealing with two boys so closely together. 
But those stories don't scare me and Micha will eventually get used to having a baby around.

I'm just so excited for Micha to become a big brother to this little boy that's growing inside me. 
I just know he'll be the best big brother there is and I have a feeling he's ready for the task.
Little baby boy is going to be one lucky little dude with a brother like Micha.

//

I'm so grateful I get to be their mama!

Love, Maria


2 comments:

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!