Tuesday, April 16, 2013

37 weeks

Oops. 

What I had feared would happen some day, did this morning.

While making your weekly photos you fell off the chair and bumped your head. 
You were not happy at all!
And I felt so guilty and such a bad mama.

In my defense, this is the first time you've fallen from a height. 
You've only fallen over from a sitting position before and that doesn't even faze you anymore.

I guess this is just the first of many falls and bumps you will experience in your life. 
You're a boy after all.



right before the tumble

Micha with a bump on his head, poor baby

^ ^ ^ ^

Micha, I won't be able to keep you safe from all harm but this I do promise: 

when you fall I will be there to pick you up,
when you cry I will be there to dry your tears,
when you are scared I will be there to comfort you,
when you face hardships I will be your prayer warrior,
As long as I'm living I will be there for you, 
because I love you.


...but you really need to stop climbing everything. :)


Love , Mama

3 comments:

  1. Exactly right, Maria. We can't stop all bad things from happening to our children, but we can be there to help them get through them - and learn through them! Praying for Micha right along with you - keep praying for ours too!
    Love you three!
    From us six.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy! Give him a kiss from me! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...yes, life is all 'vallen en opstaan' and comfort and kisses from the parents. However, we can't keep them from all the bad things, but, as Alice says, we can be there to help them get through them. We are praying for you every day, as well as we do for all our children and grandchildren. The ones in Holland and the ones in Canada. We love them all very, very much and we know that God is watching them too, what a comfort!
    Love you, mamaMarijke

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!