Friday, January 10, 2014

01+02/52 (project 52) and a 17 month update

This year I'm going to do something new on the blog. 

Project 52 : 'a portrait of my children, once a week every week in 2014'

I've seen tons of other bloggers join this project in previous years and I thought it would be fun to be a part of it this year.
I love seeing how mama's document the growth of their children and I can't wait to see what this project will bring us this year. I hope it will also help me improve my photography skills, and so I'm planning to exclusively use our DSLR for this project. Maybe I'll even try a hand at shooting manually, we'll see!

Of course it will be mostly photos of Micha this year, but in June there will be another another sweet little face to capture. :) :)
I can't wait to see all the photos at the end of the year!

//

I'm cheating a little bit on the first photo, as I'm using a photo from our little family photo shoot in December, but it's such a cute photo I just needed to share it again!

week 01/52

what? this is how we always read books together! ;)


Week 02/52

 
 
my handsome little man
busted!
Micha,

You are 17 months old now, you have been for more than a week but your mama was to busy to write something right then.
You are my sunshine, you really are!
You love your mama and let me know that all the time.
You'll stop playing for a moment to come to me and give me a kiss or a cuddle,
you recently learned to say 'mama' , and it just melts my heart every time I hear your little voice saying it.
You've been learning so many new words and some new songs too!
Right now your favorite song to sing is 'Read your bible, pray every day', and your favorite listening song is 'Why, oh why' by Elizabeth Mitchell.
You still love to read and your favorite book is 'Murmel, murmel' by Robert Munch. It's the sweetest story!
Next to reading your favorite activity is eating! You love your food. Lately you've really been into peas, home-made fish sticks, and anything bread like. Oh, and you love french fries too!
Not so healthy, but a yummy treat once in a while!

Your favorite word lately is definitely 'no', I think we've got an early 'terrible' two-er on our hands!
Sometimes your 'no's' frustrate me, but I love seeing you make up your own mind about things.
You definitely know what you want and don't want.

You are the perfect mix between mischievous and sweet, and I love you!

Love, Mama

3 comments:

  1. such a cutie and to me he looks already so big for his 17 months ! toodlerhood is such a fun age! (even though their growing will can be quite a challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is looking more and more like a big boy every time we see photos. Love you, and can't wait till we get to meet him in real life (again for me, first for the others :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to join in on the project as well! A little late.. :) and holy handsome little man!!

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!