Wednesday, September 25, 2013

like a three-year-old with scissors

Only three more days left of Blogtember, wow I can't believe I've made it so far!
Today's topic is to write about a mistake I've made.


Okay, this is going to be embarrassing...

Like a three-year-old with scissors I recently attempted to cut my own bangs. 
I. did.
And the result was probably worse than a three-year-old's attempt. 
Seriously.
Call it a moment of post-baby (why, yes, a year later) craziness or just plain stupidity, I don't know.
I was just sick and tired of the the post-baby hair regrowth and thought to myself :
'It can't possibly look worse than it looks now'.
So I stood in front of the mirror, grabbed a pair of scissors, 
told B. to stop me, which of course he did (oh, why didn't I listen), and just snipped away.

The moment I made that point of no return cut I knew I had made theee biggest mistake.
It was way to short, words I should not repeat on this blog were uttered and maybe a tear or two were shed.

So the last few weeks I've been wearing those hideous bangs pulled back with bobby pins or a headband and praying that my hair will grow back with miraculous speed. 
And thank goodness they're almost long enough for me to finally dare to show my face at my hairdressers so that she can work some wonders and make me look good again.

I'm thinking something like this:

source

That could work, no?

Please tell me I'm not the only one to make such an epic mistake?

Love, Maria


3 comments:

  1. Aren't you loving Blogtember?? I have had some great things to be able to post about! I love it!
    Be sure to check out the giveaway on my page today! Xo
    http://www.styleafterhours.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know how traumatizing too-short bangs can be... as I had awful enormously thick bangs as a tween (this is a TERRIBLE idea if you have curly hair... they NEVER did what I wanted them to). With your beautiful, straight hair, you'll love those bangs! Great idea, just poor execution!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute - I want to see a picture ;-).

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!